Victorian Security Licensing Changes
On 1 January 2010 the CPP07 Training Package will be implemented for security licensing in Victoria.
New Licence Applicants
The following changes will occur to the training being undertaken by new applicants seeking a licence from 1 January 2010:
- All training for security guard and crowd control must be completed prior to the issue of a licence
- The required training for a crowd control licence will be a Certificate II in Security Operations, not a Certificate III in Security Operations
- Training for the sub-activity of control room will be a Certificate II in Security Operations, not a Certificate III in Security Operations
Please Note: Any person who has been issued a training qualification from the PRS03 Training Package will not have this qualification recognised for licensing purposes if provided to the Licensing Services Division after 1 March 2010.
Current Licence Holders
The following changes will occur to the training being undertaken by current licence holders after 1 January 2010:
- Specific training will be required to be undertaken prior to the renewal of a licence and this requirement will commence for licence holders with an expiry date after 1 January 2011. Licence holders affected will be communicated with to inform them of the renewal competencies when determined
- Carriage of a baton and/or handcuffs whilst on duty will be conditional in that the licence holder must have the permission of their employer and have undertaken specific training for both/either weapon
- Any licence holder who has not completed all competencies of the Certificate II in Security Operations must do so by 31 December 2009
Please Note: Renewal training will include first aid & specific training deemed necessary to keep the knowledge and skills of a licence holder at a competent level.
If you have any further enquiries please refer to the Victoria Police Private Security Industry